The meeting was organized by THOHUN-NCO and RESPOND-DAI on October 23, 2013. The Steering Committee consists of eight (8) members: Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University (2), Faculty of Veterinary Science, Mahidol University (2), Faculty of Nursing, Chiang Mai University (1), Faculty of Veterinary Science, Chiang Mai University (2); Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University (1). The objective of the meeting was to discuss and to set the directions of the THOHUN. The meeting results are summarized as follows:
- THOHUN logo: the committee modified and approved the THOHUN logo.
- THOHUN launching meeting to be organized on October 24, 2013: the committee set a tentative schedule for the upcoming meeting and discussed the topics that would be presented by each speaker.
- Four new university members: the committee acknowledged that four universities (College of Public Health Science and Faculty of Veterinary Science from Chulalongkorn University, Faculty of Veterinary Science from Kasetsart University, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Veterinary Science from Khon Kaen University, and Faculty of Faculty of Environmental Management and Faculty of Nursing from Prince of Songkla University) will join the network.
- Goal to achieve the objective set by USAID-RESPOND: the committee discussed a possibility to include new member faculties to reach 24 members as specified in the grant agreement.
- New faculties whom may be invited to join the network: the committee considered that faculty members in Eco Health, Chiang Mai University and Institute of Health Development, Mahidol University would have an opportunity to join the network.
- Qualification and role of THOHUN steering committee and THOHUN regulation: the committee planned to discuss on qualifications and roles of the steering committee, and regulations for THOHUN members in the next meeting.